Classic and romantic wedding in Nashville, Tennessee has beautiful pastel colors, dancing, and lots of love.
After their wedding was postponed twice due to COIVD, Danielle and James finally tied-the-knot! Surrounded by their friends and family, the couple exchanged vows at Vine Street Christian Church.
They then headed to Noah Liff Opera Center for their reception where cake, drinks, and a night of dancing ensued! Floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning crystal chandeliers created a perfect atmosphere for celebrating their love.
For more on their love story and pictures from their classic and romantic wedding, keep scrolling below!
- Couple: Danielle Lewis & James Lewis
- Occupations: Education Program Manager (Danielle) & Operations Specialist (James)
- Wedding date: May 1, 2021
- Wedding location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Gifts for their bridesmaids and groomsmen: Diamond necklace & earrings for bridesmaids; a personalized bottle of Crown, flask, and cigar for groomsmen
- Gifts for one another: A personalized ring with both of our names engraved and birthstones (this was our “something blue” as both of our birthstones are blue).
- Ceremony entrance song: “Love” by Musiq Soulchild
- First dance song: “The Lady In My Life” by Michael Jackson
How they met…
The couple first met in Nashville while Danielle was pursuing her masters degree at Vanderbilt.
James had actually preciously attended Vanderbilt as well and played football. Because of this, he would frequently come back to Nashville to visit old friends and teammates.
On one fateful (and reluctant) trip to Broadway with her friends one night, Danielle and James finally crossed paths!
“James was out with his friends too. Our two friend groups ran into each other and found out we had mutual connections. Soon thereafter, we had our first official date!”
James wanted his proposal to be a surprise and filled with meaning. To accomplish that, he asked both of their families to be involved. On the night of their second dating anniversary, James took Danielle to dinner.
To Danielle’s surprise, when they showed up both of their families were there even though they lived hours away.
Danielle recalls: “A dessert plate was presented to me and I saw, “Will You Marry Me?” written in chocolate. James got down on one knee and confessed he had the ring for months. I couldn’t stop crying!”
The date of their engagement was also significant because it would have been Danielle’s parents’ anniversary. Her father had died a year into their relationship.
Danielle describes her wedding dress as “classic and romantic.”
The Allure Couture gown has beautiful open-back lace detailing and subtle flower patterns throughout that add to her classy, romantic look.
Wedding shopping experience…
For Danielle, the shopping experience was so special to her. Especially because she went with her mother.
She says, “We are extremely close and she’s everything to me. Although I didn’t cry when I initially chose the dress, I knew once I stood in front of the mirror that it was the one. It was a feeling of assurance.”
Best memory from their wedding…
Danielle’s favorite memory was “walking down the aisle and seeing James for the first time and seeing him cry – it was the sweetest, most unexpected moment!”
Mr. & Mrs. Lewis…
Best advice for other engaged couples…
Danielle admits as a perfectionist, things will go wrong, but that’s okay! Just don’t stress too much.
She says, “Your wedding day will truly be the best day of your lives. Confession from a perfectionist: all the things that you stressed about won’t matter. You will be surrounded by so much love that you won’t even notice the things that go wrong (and they will!).”
Looking for more classic and romantic wedding inspiration?
- Photography: Once Like A Spark (Kayla Dean)
- Day of Coordinator: Sara Cope
- Ceremony location: Vine Street Christian Church
- Reception location: Noah Liff Opera Center
- Wedding dress designer: Allure Couture
- Wedding dress salon: Glitz Bridal
- Bridesmaids dresses: Azazie
- MUA: Jermeca Green
- Hair: Jasmine Morgan
- Styling: Jeremy Brooks
- Florist: Echoes of Eden Florals
- Cake: Publix
- Stationery: Minted
- Groom’s & groomsmen attire: Men’s Warehouse